Using Third-Party Email Service

Is there a way to use a third party email service to send magic link email? We’re using SendGrid for all our other emails so we’d like to be able to use them if possible. I think we’d just need an API endpoint to generate the magic link and then we could send it, but I’m not sure if it exists. If it isn’t an existing feature, is this one you’d plan on adding in the future?

Hey Nick,

Thanks for posting!

We’re using SendGrid for all our other emails so we’d like to be able to use them if possible

For our own understanding, are you able to provide a bit more context on why you’d prefer using your own email provider? One thing to note is that our standard pricing tier unlocks fully customizable HTML email templates and custom sender domains, if that’s the driver here!

I think we’d just need an API endpoint to generate the magic link and then we could send it, but I’m not sure if it exists

We do have an Embeddable Magic Links product in our B2C API, which lets you generate a magic link token that can be used in any context (including sending them via email).

A few things to note about this product:

• Embeddable Magic Links won’t verify email addresses like our Email Magic Links product will (emails will be marked as unverified in the User object).
  • Our Email Magic Links include an intermediary redirect to stytch.com which offers built-in bot protection. This is particularly useful for emails, as email security software often opens and pre-clicks magic links, which consumes the token and makes it unusable by the legitimate user. This is discussed in a bit more detail in our documentation here.
  • This product is disabled by default given the nuances listed above - if you would like to enable it, send us an email at support@stytch.com from an email address tied to your Stytch Workspace!