Password Reset

Hey! I’m not really sure if I understood from the documentation how we should handle password reset.

I have added a redirect uri and I’m using the react SDK to call resetByEmailStart.
I get an email from my inbox, but when I click on “reset password” it redirects straight to my application and not a reset password screen from stytch.
Should I create this reset password screen myself and add it as the redirect url or is it a error from the sdk?

Hey Gabriel – thanks for posting!

Should I create this reset password screen myself and add it as the redirect url

Yes, this is exactly right. You will host the reset password page yourself, and then pass that page’s URL into the Password reset by email start method via the reset_password_redirect_url parameter.

Once you collect the new password from your user, you’ll call our Password reset by email method to complete the password reset process.

I’ll note that we do also offer pre-built SDK UI components for the password reset flow if you’d prefer not to build the password reset form yourself.

Happy to help with any additional questions that you may have about this!

Got it! Thank you very much for the help.

1 Like